Date: 4/26/2007
Subject: We’re going Downtown...
Update for today:
It was finally nice today, for the first time since the end of January I drove to Cleveland in GOOD weather. There was no rain or snow, so we made good time. We met with Dr. B and two residents from the orthotics department. The residents agreed that the braces were "globally too big", and that she needed to be re-casted. I asked them about going with a solid AFO vs. an Articulating AFO and explained my reasoning...they gave me the "pat on the head" and explained "WHY" the articulating brace was better, and that THEY really knew what they were doing. Now, I am not a certified orthotist, but I have been dealing with AFO’s on a daily basis for 7.5 years. Andrew was wearing orthotics while these girls were still in High School! :) Anyway, about 5 minutes later, Dr. B comes in and tells them that he doesn’t feel an articulating brace is a good idea...he wants her in a solid AFO, and gives them the same list of reasons that I had! Ha! They just looked at me with a bit of wonder, and I grinned at them. Sometimes parents do have a clue! LOL They re-casted her with the help of the Director of the Orthotics Lab, and we’ll pick her new AFO’s up in about 14 days.
No comments:
Post a Comment