Subject: August....
Update for today:
Time is certainly flying. I cannot belive that Summer is almost over. The boys go back to school in two weeks. We have been home almost ELEVEN months! It is so hard to believe. It seems as if Kaytlin has always been with us, it was meant to be. I deeply believe that she was meant to be a part of our family.
Our little ladybug continues to do well. The boys continue to call her "Princess Kaytlin", and she is starting to believe it!
She continues to blossom and is becoming more open to new people and places. We spent the day with a group of my friends from college. It is hard to believe how many children are now part of our Hiram family. Now that we are "grown up" and have families of our own, it is tough to get together. We’ve lived in Ohio almost 4 years, and I hadn’t seen some of them until this summer. It is nice to feel at home with people you haven’t seen for so long. It is a blessing that friendships do last despite time and distance.
We reached another milestone today. Although she has been participating at dance class with no tears, she still has wanted me to stand with her and dance. Ummm...it is not a pretty picture, I look a bit large to be out there dancing the "Powder Puff" dance with a group of 2-4 year old little girls! However, to encourage her to participate, I stand and dance. Miss Jenny, the teacher, is very patient with Kaytlin’s need for security. She doesn’t force her to do anything, for fear of making her cry. I am happy to say, today she took a HUGE step forward. With the encouragement and hugs from two of the "Big Girls" (Who are all of seven?), Kaytlin left my side and DANCED! Connie and Winnie were wonderful! They encouraged her with hugs and smiles. They held her hands and danced with her. Those two little girls were such a blessing today. Although Kaytlin still doesn’t really interact with the little ones, it is a start! My goal is to make it into the hall, with the other moms, before Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment