Date: 12/25/2007
Subject: Christmas

Update for today:
Merry Christmas!!

I love this holiday. I love that we celebrate The Birth of our Savior. I love to reflect on our family traditions, the extra time with family and friends, Christmas Eve Mass, the lights, the decorations and the excitement of our Children. One of my favorite parts of Christmas Eve is the Family Mass at our Parish. Father Jerry sings the Christmas story, with responses from the congregation. "Father Jerry, please tell us some more, tell us all about the first Christmas when Christ was born, tell us why, we follow Jesus Christ, tell us more Father Jerry, Tell us more!" I will probably be attending the Family Mass well past the time that the kids are old enough to attend the later services. I am a musician, and one of the things I love about our Parish is the way they incorporate music into the service. There are many new traditions I would like to bring into our home to help remind all of us of TRUE meaning of the season, and slowly I will introduce them to our family.

Kaytlin knew exactly what to do this Christmas, and even smiled at Santa. What can I say? With four kids Christmas is four times the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment