Subject: Kunm*ng CWI and The Minority Village
What we did today:
This morning we visited Kunm*ng CWI. It was a lot like I expected. The Assistant Director told us yesterday that we would be able to see the note that was found with Kaytlin, but when we arrived today it wasn’t possible. The person in charge of that department was not available. We were told that the note contained only her birth date. So, we at least know that we have her real date of birth, not a guess. We saw where Kaytlin spent the second three months of her life before she went to the foster family. And we took a picture of her room. One of the nannies, who took care of her post op, was there and wanted to hold her. She wouldn’t let go of me. When we were taking pictures outside of the orphanage, a construction worker asked if Kaytlin had surgery on her leg. He saw her wearing the post op cast. Although I don’t regret going to the orphanage, I wasn’t extremely emotional about it. Kaytlin wasn’t there too long, and the people that knew her, did not know her well.


This afternoon, we went to The Minority Village. Yunn*n has a number of ethnic minority groups. The park is huge and offers a glimpse into what like is like in each minority’s village. We had debated about going here, and I am really glad we did. It was interesting, and our guide was very good. I told Zhou that when he comes back to Kunm*ng, he needs to plan on taking the families there. We go to The Stone F*rrest tomorrow afternoon, and fly to Gu*ngzhou at 7:00 PM. So the post, if any, will be a late one tomorrow. It will be sad to leave Kunm*ng, but we are ready to move on to the next stage of our journey.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment