Subject: First Trip to the Salon
Update for today:
We got home on Friday just in time to re-pack the van to take Mom home. I have my hair cut in my hometown….not only are the prices better, I love how David cuts my hair! I had scheduled hair appointments for Kaytlin and me on March 17th a few weeks ago. Kaytlin’s orph*nage hairdo had finally grown out to the point where it was hanging in her eyes, and she looked like a member of an 80’s band with a long mullet in the back. Although I want her hair to grow out, it needed some attention to even things out, so it looks nice during the process. She loves to have her hair done, so I was looking forward to the experience. We packed everybody into the van after Allen got home from work and made the three-hour ride north.
We were at the salon on Saturday Morning, and Kaytlin went first. She sat on my lap and was a real trooper to have yet one more “stranger” messing with her. She would not smile, but kept saying,” Kaytlin’s Hair”, while David did what needed done. He did not even take her “pretties” out while he evened out the cut. He was afraid he would upset her and since I was very clear that her hair needed to stay long enough to put the ponies in, he just left them alone. Her cut is cute, and I think it will grow out nicely.
We got back to my Parents house and I was changing the dressing on Kaytlin’s feet when I noticed a rash developing on her stomach. Gee, on oral antibiotics for two doses…what do you think it was? You guessed, she is allergic to Keflex. I played phone tag with the resident on call and finally after being on hold for 20 minutes talked to a real, live doctor. He said to give her Benadryl and wait. Therefore, that is what we did.
We planned to leave for home early Sunday morning, however, my Uncle Tom, who had not met Kaytlin, came to visit my Grandma, so we stayed to visit with him. While Allen was packing the van, my Aunt Ethel came in as well. I was happy we stayed, as Aunt Ethel and Uncle Tom (my Dad’s youngest brother and sister) were able to meet Kaytlin. However, David had woken up with a sore throat Sunday morning, and since he had just finished antibiotics for strep throat, we figured it was time to start round two. I called the pediatrician on the way home, and he agreed to meet us at the office later that afternoon.
When we got home, I called the ortho resident again, and he wanted me to take Kaytlin to the urgent care center to have the rash checked out. However, due to the circumstances, he ended up just changing her meds and the world was starting on the right track. David however was diagnosed with a second round of strep, and we started him on another round of antibiotics. Only to have him, too, develop an allergy to the medicine on Monday.
Life is never boring with four kids…
No comments:
Post a Comment