Date: 3/21/2007
Subject: A bit of Truth

Update for today:
When your child has surgery to correct club-foot, you have to stretch their feet multiple times a day to help "hold" the correction. Weight bearing (Walking and Standing) are good, but you must incorporate the stretching into your daily routine. Kaytlin HATES when I stretch her feet. Every ounce of her body fights me the entire time we are "working out the kinks". Her face scrunches up with Temper and she SCREAMS. I am Not talking about crying, but full blown, ugly faces incuded, screaming. I understand it is not comfortable for her, I could deal with crying, but this temper frustrates me to no end. I also know that it is not "hurting" her, as she will walk, stand, and try to jump - if it is on her terms. She is just flat out, ticked off that I don’t stop when she says "no." Please understand, I have been down this road with Andrew, and things that would have made me shake in my shoes 7 years ago...well now I am stronger. I know it has to be done, so I do it. Nothing distracts her from the task at hand, and if Daddy is home....watch out, because she gets even more angry that he will not "rescue" her. I am trying to keep my eye on the horizon, and tell her that this summer when she is running outside and playing with her brothers, it will be worth it. But for now, it is an emotionally draining experience for this "Been there Done that" mom.


I am ready to hand out fliers to our neighbors, explaining that when they hear her screaming "NO, NO, STOP!" We are following the doctors orders for post op care, and we are not guilty of child abuse. (Yes, it sounds that bad!)

We continue to pray that Kaytlin realizes that we are not stretching her feet to be mean, we are doing it out of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment