Subject: Home One Week
Update for today:
We have been home for one week, and what a week it has been. Kaytlin is doing remarkably well. Our only real issue is sleeping. She is still on China time, so she is a night owl. Her body is telling her it is time to eat and play, and her parents are telling her that it is time to sleep. We are trying to find the right mixture of how to let her body adjust while we all stay sane dealing with sleep deprivation. Allen and I have decided that I will take the weeknights, since for now if I run around all day looking a little frightening, it is not a big deal. However, he returned to work on October 5; therefore, he is taking the weekends. Kaytlin is finally bonding with Allen. She would rather have him than anybody else right now. Although we know she grieves, our prayers are answered on a daily basis. She is starting to trust that we are always going to be here.
They boys are completely enamored with their sister, and Andrew would prefer that I put her in dresses every day. He would “love her to death” if we would let him. He wants to hold, hug and smooch on her as often as he can. So far, Christopher is dealing well with having to share being “the baby”. Actually, he has transitioned into the “big brother” quite nicely. He grew up so much while we were in China. David is half-afraid of her; she is tiny (19 pounds). He wants so much to play with her, but the first time he tried, she screamed, so now he is hesitant because he doesn't want to upset her. We are blessed that through love and prayers, she is growing more comfortable every day.
I will not say that everything has been all roses. With two two-year-olds, it can be interesting. They both are learning the word SHARE.
We have scheduled an appointment for Kaytlin at the Clev*land Clin*c on November 2, 2006, with Dr. B, an orthopedic surgeon. Although she had surgery on both feet in Ch*na, they were not successful. We know we are looking at one if not more surgeries to help correct the position of her feet. She can walk with support, although I do not encourage that since it is only reinforcing the current positioning of her feet. One of our biggest surprises was that she could ascend and descend the stairs! She showed us this in the middle of the night, after crawling over Allen to get out of bed. I heard movement downstairs so I ventured down to see who was out of bed, never expecting to see Kaytlin sitting in the Living Room playing at 3 AM.
For the most part, she will eat anything we offer; however, we are still trying to give her some things that she is familiar with. I have found a local Chinese Market and my congee is improving!
I will try and update at least once a week. But finding time to actually journal is hard with four kids running around!

Papa and Double Trouble Terrible Twos!

I love my baby!

Kaytlin snuggled in Yen’s Quilt
No comments:
Post a Comment