Subject: Two week Update
Update for today:
Today is Andrew’s 7th birthday. It is amazing how far he has come in 7 years. It is more amazing when I look at him to remember the doctor telling us 12 hours after he was born that he might not live through his first year. I so want to go back to St. Louis, look the man up and tell him NEVER to say that to a family unless he is sure. Andrew has taught us so much about determination...because of him I have become the person I am today. Happy Birthday, Andrew!
Andrew The Fireworks at the Miracle League Ball Field
Andrew's Birthday Cake
Kaytlin is sleeping through the night now. She does not really cry when we lay her down anymore, but I know when she first goes to bed she is sad...I know in time it will get easier, but my heart breaks for all she has lost. Please continue to pray for her, for one so young, she has lost so much.
Adopting a toddler is interesting...especially when you have another toddler practically the same age. I do not mean interesting in a bad way, just in that we are thinking about things much differently than we would have with a baby. In some ways, we treat Kaytlin as a newborn, as she is newly born into our family and has many needs we must meet. However, she has the independent streak of a two-year-old, and we are trying to find the right balance of nurturing and independence. "Double Trouble Terrible Two’s” are running wild in our home. I think the phrase "use your words" will be the first real phrase Kaytlin says! I mentioned while we were in Ch*na that Kaytlin likes to pinch...well Christopher likes to bite. They have taught each other their own preferred method of "attack"! (We are not very happy with either behavior, and we are working hard to re-direct their choices!) I know it has only been two weeks, and there are times when they play very well together, but other times...they are definitely siblings! (Although a challenge, we know that it is a good thing!)
We are excited to take Kaytlin to see Dr. B at the Clev*land Clin*c on November 2. My friend’s daughter (also an international adoption) had her second surgery with him last week and is doing remarkably well. My friend said both Dr. B and his staff are wonderful, and they really care about the kids and the family as a whole. His nurse has five kids, so we will not get the looks of shock when we go in the office with our troop.
No comments:
Post a Comment