Date: 1/13/2007
Subject: Kaytlin’s Baptism

Update for today:

Kaytlin was Baptized today. We scheduled her baptism during the 5:00 PM mass. My brother, Scot is her Godfather and Allen’s cousin Jackie is her Godmother. The service was nice; however, I am still trying to decide if I liked it being a part of Mass. The boys were all baptized in a separate service during the afternoon. I liked the symbolism of having the Rite as part of the mass; however, the family was so far away that they really did not get to “See” her being baptized… I had taken Kaytlin to the Church Offices to meet Father Jerry earlier in the week. With her stranger anxiety, I did not want her to become terrified when this “Strange Man” came up to her. She had seen him during Sunday Mass, but there is a huge difference between seeing somebody from 20 feet away, and having them touch you! There were three infants and Kaytlin being baptized. Father wanted her to be last as she could then watch the babies, and see that they were OK. His plan worked! Kaytlin did not even whimper! She actually felt relaxed as Allen and I held her over the Baptismal Font. She actually smiled as the water was poured over her head. It was a beautiful service, and Kaytlin is a part of The Body. That is the most important thing.

The boys had all worn the same gown that my mom had made for their Baptisms; however, it is only a size 6 months, and Kaytlin was a little too big! While we were in China, I bought some White Cherry Blossom Brocade for my mom to use to create a special dress for Kaytlin to wear when she was baptized. It turned out beautifully, Thanks Mom! Now, I only wish I had bought more, so we would have the fabric to make her First Communion Dress in a few years. Anybody waiting to travel willing to bring back 6 meters if I send you the Money?! Anyway, after mass, we had the family and a few special friends come to the house for dinner. We had wanted to use the social hall at the Church, but they had a program scheduled already. Therefore, we crowded into our house…to those who sat on the stairs, Thank you! I am waiting for the rest of the pictures, when they arrive, I will post them. (Thanks to Auntie Ann, Scot’s wife, who has served as our “official photographer” for so many events!)

I couldn't have asked for a more special Birthday Party, the Celebration of my daughter's Baptism.

No comments:

Post a Comment