Date: 1/26/2008
Subject: Our Ballerina
Update for today:
Kaytlin’s Dance Class had their first performance. They danced at a Wedding! It was very cute to see the girls all dressed in Pink Tutus twirling about to "I’m a Little Apple Tree". (I remember dancing to the same song when I was just about Kaytlin’s age!) They weren’t all "quite" together, but they were so cute, it just didn’t matter! :)
This performance was a way for me to reflect at how far Kaytlin has come in a very short time. We know that without the prayers of many of you, she wouldn't be walking, let alone dancing. We know that one year ago, there was a very good chance that she might loose her ability to walk from the complications from her surgeries. How wonderful is our God, that he touched her, healed her, and gave the doctor's the knowledge to help the healing along. Allen and I decided when we started the adoption process, that we would accept what God had planned for us. And, if he had decided that Kaytlin would need the help of a wheelchair, we were at peace with that. However, the fact that HE healed her wounds, her feet are flat on the ground, and she walks, runs and dances...that is our own little miracle. Since her ankles don't bend, she will never dance en pointe, be an Olympic runner. She doesn't need to be. She is perfect just as she is.
No comments:
Post a Comment