Date: 3/9/2007
Subject: "Little Old Married Couple"
Update for today:
I was talking to a friend, via e-mail, the other day. She brought her daughter home from China about three months before we met Kaytlin for the first time. She also had son, close in age, to her adopted daughter. We were laughing about the "love/hate" relationship our "Twins" have. agreed that our "twins" were like little old married couples who have been together for years. They fight like cats and dogs, but cannot stand to be apart. That is a perfect description of Kaytlin and Christopher. Whatever one is doing, the other has to be doing as well. Whatever one is playing with, the other wants in. With that in mind, it is not so amazing that I am now doing "wound" care on four little feet. After I finish with Kaytlin’s therapy and change the dressings on her ankles, I now do the same with Christopher. Since he does not have any wounds, it is simply a matter of pouring some water over his ankles and running a wrap of cotton around them after they are dry. They are both so proud of their matching "Boo-Boo Feet". I guess it is a way to show solidarity. And believe me, it is much better to have him telling her it is OK, and patting her back, than it was the first night of wound care and stretching, where he was clinging to my back sobbing "Mama, Please stop hurting ’Cake a Lyn’, as I stretched her feet, and she screamed and cried." I hate this, and usually have tears running down my cheeks by the end of the session. To know you have to hurt to heal...is a tough concept for this Mom.
Please continue to lift all of us in your prayers. It is so hard for the boys, the older two tend to leave and "hide" while I do what needs to be done. Christopher doesn't understand that Mommy is NOT "Hurting" his sister out of love. There are many times, I wish I could simply just stop...but I know in the long run, we are doing what is best for K.
No comments:
Post a Comment