Date: 4/5/2007
Subject: The New Normal

Update for today:
Although I think, everybody in our home has been sick and to the doctor at some point in the past two months, we may have turned the corner. We have found our “New Normal”. The boys have come to accept the fact that at least three times a day, I stop, drop, and stretch Kaytlin’s feet. Over the past few weeks, I have “Stretched” each of the boys’ feet as well…so they would have an “Idea” of what it feels like. The older two realize that Kaytlin’s feet are more sensitive than theirs, but they now realize I stretch her foot to a point and stop before I cause pain. She still fights me sometimes, but others she is quite content to just accept the fact and move on. Last night I looked over at her playing on the floor and she was stretching Diego’s (Christopher’s Doll) feet. She was doing it correctly, too! Although when you see the picture, she had a “bit” more range in Diego’s ankle than I do when I stretch her, and she wasn’t really supporting his knee too well! :) We will see Dr. B next Wednesday. They will take the cast of her left foot to check the progress and more than likely re-cast. The cast actually makes stretching easier, as it keeps a constant stretch on her foot and therefore will help hold the correction better. She is able to walk and do pretty much anything we allow her to do. The biggest issue is she cannot get in the bathtub…and she gets very frustrated when the boys get to shower. We cannot use the waterproof casting material as it does not allow for much padding, and Dr. B does not think they would be able to achieve a good stretch. Therefore, she is in fiberglass…, which is still an improvement over the plaster they used on Andrew six years ago!:)


David and Andrew are on Spring Break this week. They were so happy on Monday. It was 80* and Sunny! They spent the afternoon with Christopher in the sandbox. (Kaytlin was napping...sand and a cast are not a good mix!) The next day...it had dropped to 50*. Last night we had SNOW!!!

(Somebody had been "playing" with my camera settings, the boys really aren't Smurfs, they look rather blue! :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment