Date: 5/10/2007
Subject: Calling for Mama in the Night

Update for today:
Not long after we came home, I posted about Kaytlin calling for Mama in the night. I talked about how hard it was for me to know that I was not the Mama she was calling for, and my arms did not provide the comfort she needed. The Mama she wanted was her Foster Mama. The other night, for the first time in a long time, Kaytlin woke up in the middle of the night and called for her Mama. The beautiful thing about it was, this time; I was the Mama she was calling for. I still struggle with when it will be “Safe” to show her the picture of her with her Foster Mom…I do not want her to forget, but I also do not want to cause her to regress. She is doing so well, and people are shocked to learn that she has not even been home a year. How wonderful is our God, I am Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment