Date: 6/23/2007
Subject: No Ortho Appointments until September!

Update for today:
I cannot hardly believe it! We don’t have to go back to see Dr. B until September!!! If you would have told me in January/February that we would ever go three entire months with no Ortho Appointments, I would have laughed at you! Kaytlin has finally realized that Dr. B is a good guy, and didn’t cry when he came in the room on Wednesday. At the end of our visit, I was able to get a photo of Kaytlin and Dr. B together, and they were BOTH smiling! I asked him if he was sick of me sending people to him...he just laughed and said I was better than any billboard he could rent! People from our town are showing up in his office and telling him that they heard he did wonderful work. There are people that I don’t even know, who are telling him they heard about him because of the "Little Girl from China" who he helped. All I know is, he’ll be seeing Andrew in September as well.

Kaytlin and Dr. B.

On our way home from our appointment we stopped at EAC to see "Uncle Zhou" and the China staff. Kaytlin was so excited when he came into the room, and gave him a huge hug. It was funny to see her interact with him, she is such a tease. Although at home she will say Ni Hao, she wouldn’t say it for him...little turkey.

Kaytlin and Uncle Zhou

This journey has brought some very amazing people into our lives, people that had we NOT taken this huge leap of faith; we would have never met. I thank God daily, that he kept whispering to Andrew not to give up, and that he needed to have faith that Allen and I would eventually believe that his sister WAS waiting in Ch*na. Allen and I simply had to stop and really listen to our hearts and the whispers of God in our ears. I think that sometimes we "wait" for an obvious sign from God. Instead, we need to listen to the whispers, and understand that sometimes God comes softly into your heart, and you just need to believe it will be OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment